Director, Educational Strategy
RMEI Medical Education, LLC is a dynamic, independently-owned, accredited provider of CME/CE and is seeking a full-time Director of Educational Strategy who will manage key stakeholder relationships and grow company revenue from IME grant funding. This individual should be adept at basic research methods, designing unique educational initiatives, and communicating effectively with biopharma grantors as well as foundations and patient advocacy groups. The position requires collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of creative, medical, and operations experts to produce groundbreaking education that ultimately impacts patient care delivery.
RMEI’s corporate office is located in Voorhees, NJ (outside of Philadelphia), and this role is Remote/Work from Home.
- Design compelling CME/CE initiatives aligned with RMEI’s core therapeutic areas and leverage your business insights and relationships to secure independent educational grant funding to bring those initiatives to fruition.
- Collaborate with the VP of Educational Strategy to assess and develop relationships with biopharma companies, medical associations/societies, health technology companies, institutions/health systems and other partners who are aligned with RMEI’s mission.
- Provide strategic insight regarding potential changes in biopharma funding support (ie mergers or acquisitions, data readouts/pipeline developments, FDA decisions, key personnel moves).
- Collaborate with the Director of Outcomes/Analytics on developing educational outcomes impact reports for funded grants, as well as scientific poster development relative to funded grants.
- Maintain active communication with grantors on submitted and funded requests, providing status updates and reports in collaboration with the program management department, and overseeing all communications with assigned grantors to ensure consistency.
- Collaborate with the VP of Educational Strategy, CEO, and other internal stakeholders to develop and execute annual and quarterly strategic development plans to increase revenue related to grant funding. Diversify and expand RMEI’s grantor relationships.
- Guide the grants administration and accounting teams on grant proposal development; includes review and preparation of grant proposals, as well as budgets.
- Provide continuous market analysis on all key competitors: their services; acquisitions, and pricing.
- Review RMEI’s funded activities/curricula prior to launch, to ensure promised deliverables are met and on budget.
- Understand relevant industry regulations (ACCME, OIG, etc) and compliance requirements affecting RMEI’s business activities.
- Five (5+) or more years of experience in strategic development role for Continuing Medical Education provider or other relevant healthcare media organization.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in a Science or Business/Marketing field is preferred. An advanced degree is a strong plus.
- Existing relationships with educational grants decision-makers that directly impact new business opportunities is desired and beneficial.
- Knowledge of rules, regulations and professional norms pertaining to the continuing education of healthcare professionals and industry-supported grants.
- High degree of comfort with initiating new relationships, and expertise at relationship management strategies and tactics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relationship building skills
- Exceptional research, organizational and planning skills.
- Knowledge, understanding and creativity to develop, discuss and explain strategic marketing and educational programs.
- Microsoft Office product proficiency.
We offer our employees the following benefits:
• Medical & Dental Insurance- 100% paid in full for full-time employees
• Life & AD&D insurance- 100% paid in full for full-time employees
• Short and Long-term Disability Insurance- 100% paid in full for full-time employees
• Voluntary insurance plans
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Cash Balance plan
• Employee Assistance Program
• Reduced summer hours; Memorial Day to Labor Day
• Paid time off and paid holidays
• Company provided coffee and fresh fruit
• Open communication encouraged
• Professional work environment encouraging personal development & team growth
• Discounted ticket service (shows, sporting events, movies, etc.)